To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Father's Day Card

Happy Tuesday, my sweet crafty friends! I hope your week is full of sunshine. :o)

Today I'm sharing my Father's Day card. My dad is something special... he is a true giver. Those who give so generously, without ever considering it a 'sacrifice' of time or resources, have the most gorgeous hearts. That is my father in a sparkly nutshell. I hope his bird-loving self enjoys the little scene I created. (And I hope you do, too!) :o)

The shadow of the branch is trimmed in golden Stickles to signify the sunset's glow illuminating them from behind... just like the aura of a father's love. The leaves extend beyond the card's edge, as a father's love transcends boundaries. The windows show hearts inside, as he always fills our homes with love. And lastly, there are touches of sparkle on the birdhouse because he always brings out our inner sparkle. :o) Along with this card he will receive his favorite dessert that I first made on Thanksgiving... you'll have to come back for the Sweet Saturday feature following Father's Day! All I'll tell you is that it combines creamy cheesecake and caramel apple pie. Truly divine.

The sentiment reads: "Like a creamsicle sunset, a father's love warms the heart."



A few notes: I dabbed the orange/tangerine splotchy background with Merlot and pink inks to add to the sunset essence I was going for. Regrettably, all the tones don't seem to show as clearly as I'd like in the picture. The embossed leaves are lightly brushed with Espresso ink for added dimension. The windows are filled with Glossy Accents to make it appear as though you're looking through glass. In the second picture I tried to show the "glass" on the bottom window and the illuminated leaves a touch better.

Since crafts are extra fun when shared, I am linking up this cute little card to the places that inspired it. :o)
Patches of Pink link-up party! This is always a joy and is extra special this week for one lucky entrant.



Patches of Pink

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge: #1 Dad
My Craft Spot Challenge: Tie It On! (My first time playing here... so excited!)
Cooking With Cricut Challenge: Color challenge (In honor of Gingersnaps!)

Key Recipe Components:

 * Cricut cartridges: Cindy Loo, Storybook
 * Cuttlebug embossing folders: Polka Dots, Swiss Dots
 * Paper: Basic Grey, DCWV, Papertrey Ink
 * Ribbon: SEI
 * Button: My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie
 * Miscellaneous: iRock and Stickles

Thank you as always for visiting! I genuinely treasure you all. Thank you for sharing in my crafty journey. :o)

Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful - and meaningful card!!! I'm sure your Father will treasure it! Thanks for linking up with Patches of Pink!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card and sentiment ! I just love the birdhouse....it's so cute !! Thanks for playing along this week at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, Karen! I love all the added details...the embossing, the inking, the glossy accents! Just beautiful! I'm sure your Dad will love it :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special card! I have a soft spot for birdhouses and yours is tops! So glad I followed you here from the Patches of Pink Link Party! I'm also linking up if you'd like to drop by!
    Hugs, antonella :-)
    http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/06/filigree-friday-free-graduation.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card, I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much, sweet crafty peeps! Oh how you make me smile. :o)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, this is a lovely card, and your Dad will love it! You are so thoughtful in each detail, as you explained how the detail represents what he means to you. I love the colors too, great combinations! Scrappy hugs! Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. So super cute girly thank for linking up with Patches of Pink! :) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut!

    - Roberta, CWC Design Team
    Www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and sentiment, Karen! Your dad is a lucky guy! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know what sis? Your sweetest Daddy's heart is going to glow brighter than any creamsicle sunset the moment he opens your card. Gosh Sunshine...it is soooooooo beautiful!!! Your Daddy is the luckiest father on earth.

    I want a real bird house that looks exactly like your magnificent creation, sis. Can you imagine something that gorgeous hanging in a garden? *is super jealous*

    I need you to teach me how to make happy embossments and accents like that sis. You are incredible!!! I would give anything to be able to create even one sparklie card like you make.

    *races to the kitchen so I don't miss out on the Daddys Day yummy treats* Tee hee! You are saving me some, right sis? *pokes you* *stands by oven to make sure I get the first taste* WHEEE!!!

    Love You Sunshine!!! *hugglers you oodles*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love the embossing! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card with so many lovely details. Your Dad is going to love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous card! The little bird house is adorable and I love the different sized embossed dots you used on your card. Great job!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all for the lovely comments! Love and hugs to all of you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty!! I ♥ the way you tied the ribbon around the birdhouse. Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!!

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job! I love all the details you added. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips