To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Encouragement Card

Hello, my crafty friends! I hope everyone is having a lovely day. :o)

After a tiny break from crafting due to life, I'm happy to be back with a card! A new collection for the I Feel the Love Project began yesterday and the cause is beautiful as ever. This month we are creating for Hope Ministries, a faith-based ministry that has been serving the homeless since 1915. They reach out to the unsheltered and displaced by offering food, clothing, shelter, and support through emergency and long-term recovery services. We have the honor of making unsigned birthday, encouragement, friendship, and blank cards for their residents. It is a privilege to deliver a little love and sunshine to those who are struggling so mightily.

Praying for You:
The colorful interior, filled with beautiful hues and flourishes:

This precious little fairie is Carrie Swan Princess, from Elisabeth Bell's Elphine House Australia line. She was given to me by a dear friend, which made it all the sweeter to color with my Copics. Carrie's wings are covered in Glamour Dust for maximum sparkle. :o) I've adored this stamp for such a long time for its sweet, dreamy, magical aura... she and her swan friend seemed like the perfect vessels to deliver my and God's love to a homeless resident receiving help through Hope Ministries.

Instead of placing her atop a nestie, I used a Spellbinders Classic Oval to create a frame with my Floral Ovals. It is popped up with foam tape, nestling our fairie princess within a fancy white cloud. The interior ring is trimmed in Glamour Dust, while the outer is sprinkled with rhinestones. The Pink Mist Wild Orchid Crafts Roses aren't merely flowers to adorn the frame, but rather pink marshmallow clouds to surround the recipient in extra sweetness. :o) They are covered in a hefty dose of Shimmer Spritz.

A Memory Box Whimsy Circle peeks out from above, which is also accented in gems. The May Arts ribbon bow is topped with my sentiment, secured with a sparkle (naturally). The sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Tiny Tags 2 and is cut out with the coordinating metal dies.

The gorgeous papers are from Kaisercraft's Enchanted Garden, which I specifically bought for this stamp. I don't generally do that, but I wanted her to have something special. The moment I saw these, I knew they were an ideal match. Whimsical, sparkly, and perfectly magical. 

Thank you for fluttering on by! I wish you a joyful day. :o)

Challenges entered:
 *A Gem of a Challenge~ Use Two backing Papers
 *Card Mania~ Ribbon
 *Craft Your Passion~ Fairies
 *Cupcake Inspirations~ Photo Inspiration (I chose pink, blue, and flowers)
 *Cute Card Thursday~ Things with Wings
 *Lady Anne's~ Must have Wings
 *Love to Scrap!~ Anything Goes
 *Make It Monday~ Anything Goes
 *Simon Says Stamp~ Anything Goes
 *Stampin' for the Weekend~ Colors of Summer (I went with a dreamy summertime sunset of pinks, purples, and blues)



27 comments:

  1. Welcome Back! This card is Gorgeous. Great work. Thanks for joining us at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to see you back Karen and thank you for taking the time to leave me such kind comments.
    Your card is so beautiful. I love the sweet image and your colouring is wonderful, the added sparkle is perfect. The way you have used the spellbinders oval to create a frame looks so effective and your detailing is all so pretty.
    Your card is sure to bring so much joy to it's recipient.
    I hope you have a good week
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Karen~
    Love the papers, the dies, the perfect scene you created. The image is just adorable, love the grass you added, the background of clouds and the beautiful details surrounding the image....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such a pretty card, Karen! The paper is beautiful! I noticed it matches the butterflies on your blog background too! :) The fairy image is adorable! I'm sure the person who receives this will treasure it. Have a great week! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card. saw it on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw this via the Make it Monday challenge - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card. I love the simple elegance of it and the added sparkle is perfect! Fantastic.
    I found you through the MIM Link Party where I am also partying, would love it if you'd stop by too.
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, my sweetest friend, this is absolutely stunning!! You have completely brought the swan princess and her swan to life in color, as I knew you would!! She's gorgeous!! Her sparkly wings are amazing!! The image just pops right off the page!! The background paper is so beautiful and perfect for the card!! The flowers are fabulous!! This is another masterpiece!! I love every single detail you've added!! It's magnificent, like you!! I hope you have a wonderful evening my dear friend!! Hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, so beautifully put together! Love the papers and the glamour dust that adds that special something. What a sweet sweet image to colour and placed so well on your card. Adore it. Thanks for sharing and have the most wonderful week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaw Karen, this is just outstanding! The swan princess is just adorable and you colored her perfectly! Her glittery wings are fabulous! I love all the flowers that surround this darling image! Your bow and tag cluster looks fabulous! LOVE this!!
    Thanks for sharing another beauty! You are to sure touch someones heart with the gorgeous card my friend!
    Have a great evening!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is so beautiful. I wish I could sit beside you and watch you work. I would love to watch one of your art pieces, as Madison and I have come to know them, come together. We thank you so much for continuing to bless us with your gifts. You are a treasure!!
    Hugs and love to you,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning! All your elements create such a fantasy scene. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your project at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the doily on the card and the swan. Thanks for playing at Love to Scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your fabulous beautiful card.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shimmer and sparkle on this beautiful creation is delightful .Lovely card .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  16. magical card...everything is so refined...reminds me of Polly Von, do you know this song by peter paul and mary?
    thanks for sharing on love to scrap!
    shuly dt

    ReplyDelete
  17. *sneakers into the most gorgeous bloggy in the universe to leave a certain someone some extra squishy hugglers*

    WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I LOVE YOU SUNSHINE!!!

    *can't stop staring at how beautiful your swan fairy looks on your bloggy* Gosh sis. Do you know how stunning this card is?! It makes my heart sparkle brighter than the brightest star in the sky every time I look at it. The colours and gorgeous frame and background and accents you used are just pure perfection, Sunshine. I am SO proud of you...I know just how much love went into this gem of a creation. I simply can't wait for it to be delivered to a very special heart super soon. God bless you sis for being the sparkliest ray of sunshine in the life of a very lucky recipient.

    *hugglers you in endless swan princess squishers and can't stop staring at all your gorgeous new award badges* OMJ! They are GORGEOUS!!!!!!! *is the proudest sis EVER*

    I LOVE YOU SIS!!!!!!!

    *forever sparkling swan smoosbers*
    ~~~ Christina (aka the one who can't stop wanting to huggler the sweet little mushroom on your card* TEE HEE! It's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card and lovely colors Karen. Visited from MIM for a look..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card! Love your image and soft colors! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!
    Hugs
    Mira

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply gorgeous! I love all the little extras like the glitter and the rhinestones. Sometimes the smallest element can add the most pop. And all for such a great cause. Thanks for joining us for our Fairy challenge this week at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is STUNNING! Love the papers you've chosen and your layout, and your design elements and embellishments are truly top notch. Love how you've framed the image. The colors of this card are so calm and elegant, and the reason for making it is truly noble. Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along at Card Mania! Good luck! And hope to see you join our next challenge on Monday! Ani

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely card for a wonderful cause. Anyone would be delighted to receive this beauty. The papers are gorgeous, the image sweet, and the die cut lacy bits along with those flowers make the whole card magical. Thanks for joining our Do You Believe in Fairies challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Karen,
    I hope that everything is better now. I have been very busy at work and have not been able to play with my crafty tools but today I needed a break and it was important to catch up with my bloggie friends.
    I just received the Teddy Bear Cartridge and will create something later on.
    I seriously love the fairy with the swan image. She reminds me of a little angel. Which I believe that they do exist. The frame is absolutely gorgeous as well as the little flowers which I love to see in your cards. The butterfly background paper is beautiful and so elegant! This is AMAZING!! The recipient is a lucky one to receive this true and sweet beauty!!!
    I thank the lord, Madison and IFTL project for knowing and your inspiring words that ALWAYS remain in my heart.
    Sending a HUGE amount of my sincere love, big hugs and a HUGE smile,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such an inspiring card, beautiful image you have used and coloured so prettily. Like how you have used the different layers to create depth. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Lady Anne's Challenge's
    Lady Anne's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card.. love all the layers and a great image! Thanks for playing along with us at Loves To Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips