To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Thinking of You Friendship Card

Hello, crafty friends! I hope you're having a happy week! :o) I'm popping in to share a card featuring two of my favorite lines carried by 7 Kids College Fund: Elisabeth Bell's Whimsy Stamps collection and Wild Rose Studio!

Elisabeth is one of my favorite artists and it is always a treat to color up one of her sweet images! For this friendship card, I chose the adorable Lemon Pepper.
How precious is she leaning toward her little birdie friend? I just want to hug her! I used the out-of-the-box technique to cut her out with a Spellbinders Standard Small Circle die (the largest of the set) and colored her with Copics. Portions of the image are sparklified with Star Dust and Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and a cloud template to sponge the sky.
The beautiful papers are from Wild Rose Studio's Butterfly Glade collection. The rich shade of purple and the lovely butterflies make these patterns two of my favorites. Lemon Pepper's balloon is paper-pieced to give it a fancy flowery design. I surrounded her with Wild Orchid Crafts roses, which are atop Cheery Lynn Designs' Mini Fanciful Flourish. My Pink Gem Designs sentiment is from their Vintage Occasions stamp set.

Naturally I couldn't resist adding a bright sunshiny butterfly, my favorite from Cheery Lynn's Small Exotic Butterflies #2 set.
Copics Used: 
Clothing: RV63, RV66, RV 69; Y000, Y11, Y15; B91, B93, B95
Hair: E33, E35, E37
Skin: E0000, E000, E00
Grass: YG17, YG23, G28

Products from the 7 Kids College Fund Store:


Thank you for fluttering on by! Have a blessed day! :o)

Challenges entered:
 *613 Avenue Create~ Anything Goes (Optional: Create Your Own)
 *Crafting From the Heart~ Anything Goes
 *Creative Fingers~ Anything Goes
 *Elisabeth Bell's World~ Lots of Flowers
 *Elphine House Australia~ Spring is in the Air
 *Love to Create~ Friendship
 *Through the Craft Room Door~ Anything Goes
 *Through the Purple Haze~ Anything Goes (Optional: Masculine)
 *Tuesday Throwdown~ Spring Blossoms
 *Whimsy Stamps~ Two or More Die Cuts (Vines, nestie, butterfly)

21 comments:

  1. My sweetest friend, this is absolutely gorgeous!! What an adorable image!! You've colored her so beautifully!! I love her yellow bonnet!! The butterfly is so pretty and I adore the flowers!! How creative to paper piece the balloon!! It looks fabulous!! This is just exquisite my dear friend!! A truly beautiful token of friendship!!

    I hope you are having a wonderful week!! I'll be gone the rest of the week so I will stop by when I get back!! Hugest hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous is your card Karen your image is so pretty and coloured stunningly and what a great layout truly so creative with lots of lovely detail added xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card so pretty
    thank you for entering TTPH challenge

    Jacqui DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - so much sweetness! The image is just darling, what a cute little girl in her sweet bonnet. You have colored her just beautifully with such bright, happy colors. I love the beautiful flowers and pretty butterfly, they add such wonderful dimension to this amazing card. Beautiful work my sweet friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Karen. I adore the sweet image, you have coloured her so beautifully. The papers are so pretty. I love the flowers and wonderful butterfly too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super sweet image Karen! You always do such a fabulous job on your coloring! She is so adorable and love the cute little bonnet! The cluster of flowers and vines is beautiful! Gorgeous card design my friend!
    Have a great evening!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Thanks for joining at Creative Fingers: Anything Goes with ArtbyMiRan
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful......

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful. Love the image and the coloring too. Very creative to paper pierce the balloon. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Throwdown..
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi my angelic friend,
    You could not resist the beautiful and bright butterfly?.......I know!!
    It is BEAUTIFUL!! Such a darling image, I just love how you colored her outfit. Very SWEET! I just noticed the butterfly pattern paper.....GORGEOUS! This card is Simply ADORABLE!! Love the details of the beautiful flowers.
    Love! Love! Love!
    Sending TONS of my love, hugs & smiles
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card - what a sweet sweet image! Love the colours and fabulous papers! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen Karen Karen....This is AMAZING!!!! I love this cute image--Lemon Pepper..gonna have to get mine out again:)) Great take on our challenge at EBW!! Thanks for joining in the fun at EBWorld!! Good Luck!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful creation this is...Love the bright and bold colors and amazing lay-out. So glad you link up with us at 613 Avenue Create. Hugs and blessings!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty details, love the PP balloon! Thank you for joining the Crafting From The Heart Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful project, I love the colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Love to Create.
    ♥ Sandra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Love the image and your design ... Thank you for joining our Friendship Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and coloring. I love the colors that you have chosen also. Thank you for sharing your talent with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges Hope to see you again next week
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card. Those embellies are quite wonderful! Thanks for joining us at the Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week! Hope you will play along with us again soon!

    kReN, TTDT
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card! Love her sparkly dress! Thanks so much for joining us at Elisabeth Bell's World! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, Karen! I love the colors and pretty details! Wonderful design with the adorable image! Thanks for joining us for the Elphine House Australia Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips