To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Blast from the Past at My Craft Spot!

Happy Monday, sparkly friends! I hope your week is off to a lovely start! :o)

Today begins a new challenge at My Craft Spot! My teamie Kate had an amazing idea to have a challenge showcasing a favorite project we made in the past using My Craft Spot products! How fun is that?! I've seen so many of you make fabulous projects with Kimberly's goodies, so I hope you play along. I'm excited to see what you link up!

There was zero internal debate about my choice for this challenge. My Christmas Shadow Box Book Card from last year remains my favorite. What made this project extra special is that it was for my Guest Designer day at My Craft Spot and also was a gift to my sweetest friend. I'm happy to say she loved it as much as I do. :o)
Because this is picture heavy, I'll keep my non-MCS babble to a minimum and refer you to my original post for all of the details. The cover and spine feature stamps from the Ornate Labels- Christmas set. The white snowflake flourish on the spine was heat-embossed for texture.
My front sentiment is also from that gorgeous set, which was cut out with the coordinating Ornate Labels metal dies.
The frame was heat-embossed in gold and I paired the greeting with one of the other lovely flourishes. It's such a pretty set! I couldn't resist adding a few beautiful Wild Orchid Crafts roses.
Inside, a heavenly dance of joy for the blessed season. I used a delightful combination of goodies from My Craft Spot, Marianne Design, and Cheery Lynn Designs to create the interior.
The divine sentiment is from Kimberly's Joy to the World set. That stamp set is one of my favorites, as it so beautifully captures and celebrates the true meaning of Christmas.
My pretty ballerina, adorned in festive sparkles and a snowy tutu of hope.
The finished back, where I used one of my Marianne Design dies as book hinges:
Pirouette on over to My Craft Spot to see what some of my teamies chose as their favorites! We love seeing your creations, so choose your favorite MCS card/project and play along with us this week. :o) Have a blessed day!


6 comments:

  1. My sweetest friend, I have to disagree with you - you said she loved it as much as you do...she loves it much, much more!! It is by far the most amazing and gorgeous creation I've ever seen!! Every single detail is perfection!! It is truly a work of art and will always be my most favorite project ever!! There truly aren't enough words to describe it, just know that it is adored :)

    I hope you have a wonderful last day of summer :( How did that happen??!! Fall is here, like it or not!! Happy Monday my dear friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful Karen is your creation this is just so beautiful and perfect in every way as always your so creative xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I remember when you posted this and it is one of my favorite projects of yours! I love everything about it and what an awesome gift! I am SURE your friend loved it and will treasure it a life time! Absolutely stunning work my friend!
    Big hugs...hope you have a fantastic Monday!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember falling in love with this the first time you shared it on your blog Karen. It's such a treat to see it again. The design is outstanding, full of wonderful detailing and I am sure it will be treasured forever.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I remember this BEAUTY!! It's like looking at a fairy tale story.
    I am sure she loved it! I DO!! The ballerina is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    WOW!!
    Sending tons of my love, hugs & smiles
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Karen! love this type of book card- This is so festive and pretty added details to it...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips