To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Monday, June 1, 2015

In the Garden at Live & Love Crafts!

Happy June, sweet friends! A new month means a fun new challenge at Live & Love Crafts! The theme for June is In the Garden, which brings to mind the utmost beauty. :o)

I was inspired to make a happy little birdhouse, featuring dreamy papers from Pion Design's Paris Flea Market. Please note: My camera and I did not get along... the papers are not quite as light as they appear.
I want to move in. :o) My parents and I love birdhouses, which have always been a sweet part of their garden. To make it soft and delicate, I used a few pretty trims: Valerie, Juliette, and Madeleine. The lacy bow is centered with one of my favorite pearly and sparkly embellishments from LLC.
The opening to my birdhouse is extra special. Reflecting the abundance of love nestled inside is a beautiful lace heart appliqué, which I've trimmed in tiny pearls. I like to think each one represents a sweet memory. Not only is it lovey-dovey, but it has an extra dose of whimsy... it's a secret door! I paired Wild Orchid Crafts roses with pearl stamens for the 'handle.' Cheery Lynn Designs Mini Fanciful Flourishes provide my greenery throughout.
My bouquet of WOC goodies (listed below) also includes decoration berries for sparkle. The fence is a Joy Crafts die, upon which I've popped up butterflies from a Paris Flea Market cut-apart sheet. I also popped up a couple of birdies from remnants for dimension. Such a fun project, despite my time crunch!

I must give a shout out to my sweetest friend Lisa! Thanks to the bow maker from her Etsy shop, I can finally make pretty bows! My last several have been made with it and it's such fun.

Thank you for fluttering on by! I wish you a sunshiny day. :o)

Lovely challenges entered:
 *613 Avenue Create~ Anything Goes (Optional: Subway Art)
 *Craft Your Passion~ Anything Goes
 *Crafting From the Heart~ Anything Goes
 *Crafty Catz~ Spring Time
 *Dies R Us~ Love Birds (I used Joy Crafts and Cheery Lynn dies)
 *Simon Wednesday Challenge~ Anything Goes

23 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project, Karen! Love the soft colors, pretty laces, and that darling fence die cut! Great project! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS as always Karen!! I just love the papers you used, those soft pink and blue florals make such a lovely backing for all your beautiful laces and flowers!! This is just such a dreamy birdhouse, I am now wishing I was that little birdie so I could live amid the romantic feminine embellies! LOVE IT! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Karen. I love the design making great use of those beautiful Pion papers. Your detailing is stunning, I especially love the pretty lace heart and trimmings.
    I hope you have a wonderful week my kind and talented friend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Karen what a stunning birdhouse and love all the fun details.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, stunning, my sweetest friend!! I want to move in, too!! Wow!! I don't even know where to start because all of the details are amazing!! Those papers are beautiful!! Love the flowers, the fence, everything!! That little heart covering is such a perfect touch!! Stunningly gorgeous my dear friend!! Love every single thing about this!! I hope you have a wonderful, happy Monday!! Hugest hugs!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so beautifully shabby chic Karen!! Love the lace around the roof and those sweet little butterflies, this is just a pure delight for the eyes!!
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Absolutely gorgeous! Such a beautiful inspiration ... (as I look at the untouched birdhouse sitting on the shelf! lol). Thanks so much for playing in our ‘LOVE BIRDS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so very beautiful, love the pretty floral papers and embellishments. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous bird house at 613 Avenue Create.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow! Another stunning project with your gorgeous delicate details, Karen! I do love birds and birdhouses, too! I get such a big smile on my face when I see and hear the cardinals in the cherry tree right outside my window here. The lace, dies, and bow are so lovely! I very much love the gate dies, cluster of flowers, birds, and butterflies! And, I thank you so much for playing in our "Love Birds" challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back soon!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, this is such a little treasure! I love it, especially those little butterflies fluttering at the garden gate - how charming! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is a stunning project, so beautifully put together with such gorgeous details, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! I love your stunning birdhouse Karen.
    It is so beautifully adorned with pretty embellishments and full of crafting loveliness.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Big hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful project its all so fabulous perfect embellishments its a delight Must have one of those bow makers great idea love and hugs Carole xl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!! This is AMAZING Karen! The papers are so pretty, love the pastels and the awesome lace and trimmings are gorgeous! I absolutely love the fence around the house~wow, you didn't leave out a thing! I love the sweet birdie and butterflies...GREAT details as always my friend!!!
    have a great week!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful creation, Karen. I love the colors and all the embellishments. You did an amazing job :) Thank you for participating in our challenge from Dies R Us!

    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGOSH, OMGOSH, OMGOSH!!!! Karen!!! Why must you make the most AMAZING Projects!!!! Again... I'm in Awe of you Sweet Friend! :) Okay.. first off... love the fence & the beautiful lacey heart!!! An Abundance of GORGEOUS Flower and lace trim... Lovely touch with the pretty butterflies... and of course the topper with that bow & Pearl button!!! I just LOOOVVVE this Birdhouse!!! :) Oh.. So glad you got a bow maker... aren't they awesome to have on hand!!! I've got 3 different ones... One Similar to Lisa's and 2 other types as well for bigger bows... So Handy I tell ya!!! HUGS!!!! Have a Wonderful Day! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome project! The papers are beautiful in the pastel colors! The lace and embellies are just gorgeous! I absolutely love that fence along with the whimsical butterfly and bird. Fantastic job on this! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi my angelic friend,
    I do not know how you do it? Your creativity is beyond AMAZING! I am speechless with with BEAUTY!!
    I absolutely ADORE the pastel colors and GORGEOUS Butterflies! I love the secret door..LOVELY!
    Such a STUNNING birdhouse! I want to move in too..LOL!
    Oh! and as for the bow..GORGEOUS!! You are Awesome & Amazing!!
    Sending you tons of my love, hugs and smiles...extra HUGS and yes I too love you to the moon and back :)
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning. This birdhouse is so romantic.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    Hope we see you again and good luck.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely breathtaking project and obviously perfect for this month's LLC challenge. The design is so well thought through and the attention to details is exceptional. Stunning, romantic, shabby chic project, I adore it!

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! This is just wonderful!! I love every little thing about it! What an amazing creation! I just love this to pieces Karen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh.......this would have to be the sweetest bird house! Love the gorgeous papers, the embellishments are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips